– Magnesium helps to detoxify the body of lead and other heavy metals, and is important for the nervous system, enzyme function, heart rate, bones, and muscles.
– Deficiency symptoms include heart arrhythmia, high blood pressure, seizures, bone pain, nervousness, irritability, twitching, depression, muscle spasms, and retarded weight gain.
– For dogs with arthritis, a calcium/magnesium tablet is a great pain reliever. (Dogs should seldom be fed aspirin.)
– Calcium/magnesium tablets are calmative as well, and for arthritis work best with vitamin C.
– Dogs that chew plaster are probably looking for minerals missing from their diet, primarily magnesium and calcium.
Back : Dog Vitamins
Home : Pet Supplies Review